Mount Pleasant Firearms Charges Defense Lawyer
Thousands of people throughout South Carolina are proud and responsible gun owners. The Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects the right of Americans to bear arms. At the same time, several exceptions and restrictions exist, and if you are charged with illegal possession of a firearm, you could face a long prison sentence, heavy fines or both.
Gun Charges In South Carolina
My name is Cameron Blazer, and I have been a criminal defense attorney in South Carolina for more than 10 years. If you have been charged with a crime related to firearms, get in touch with me at Blazer Law Firm in Mount Pleasant. The sooner you contact me, the better your chances of resolving your case in a way that you and your family can live with.
I represent clients against both federal and state firearms charges, including:
- Possession of a firearm while having a felony record or being a “fugitive of justice”
- Possession of a firearm after being ruled “mentally defective” by a court
- Possession of a firearm while subject to an order of protection involving your children or “intimate partner”
- Possession of illegal firearms or ammunition, such as sawed-off shotguns or Teflon-coated bullets
- Illegal weapons trafficking
You know that you need to take weapons charges seriously. After you are arrested or charges are filed against you, your first move should be to contact me. As your lawyer, I will guide you step by step through the criminal justice system to make sure the police and prosecutors do not violate your rights as a defendant.